Senior Systems Engineer
Research & Development
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join our client’s EUC Enterprise Engineering team.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure that our users are working as effectively and as efficiently as possible. This requires you to provide excellent thought leadership, direction and coaching to other systems engineers. This is a hands-on technical role supporting, managing and constantly improving a varied estate of the latest end-user technology.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible in assisting the Enterprise Engineering Leads in directing the successful completion and delivery of the EUC roadmap, whilst acting as a point of escalation to help resolve technical issues.
Additionally, you will share your in-depth technical knowledge with the team, hosting lunch and learn sessions and helping build a true shift-left culture within the company.
- Define and deliver our end-user device strategy – including accountability for hardware selection, lifecycle management and end-user experience improvements
- Help Define and deliver on the client’s Zero Trust model
- Gather requirements and enhance the client’s collaboration offerings
- Engage with Service Assurance functions to mature governance processes
- Occasional travel and after-hours or weekend work may be required dependent on business and project needs
Skills set required:
- Excellent understanding of AWS IaaS – workload migrations, VPC design, connectivity solutions etc
- Knowledge of DaaS platforms and supporting remote desktop users (ideally AWS WorkSpaces)
- Experience working with infrastructure as code and applying best practices
- Good experience in the automation of manual tasks and seeking out efficiencies by ‘shifting left’ where possible, for example the automation of Desktop provisioning and Application deployment, including end-user self-service
- Understanding of Windows, Mac and Linux enterprise environments (including exposure to MS Endpoint Manager/SCCM/JAMF/Landscape/Autopilot)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 suite of products and services.
Experience in any of the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Cloud providers (AWS / O365)
- Infrastructure as Code and code management (Terraform / GIT)
- Endpoint management (MS Endpoint Manager / Jamf / Landscape / Autopilot
If this is you, we would love to register you with Wighthall Collective and invite you to submit your details.