Lead Back-end Developer
The Lead Engineer is someone who leads from the front on client engagements; they plan and run technical strategy, architect and engineer Front End based applications and help the customer to create a prioritised and actionable enterprise backlog, that can be used to drive the project forward. Successful candidates will work with the business to understand the unique problems they face and design solutions that exceed state-of-the-art in the industry today. You will be involved in every phase of the product development, from problem definition, to design, implementation, and delivery. You will coach and mentor a growing team of engineers to raise standards of software excellence and lead by example, with a relentless focus on best practices in software development and continuous delivery of business value.
A Lead Engineer leads development on one or a small number of related project teams.
At this level, you will:
- Guide the ways in which the team works.
- Be proficient in a wide range of technical systems.
- Be involved in identifying appropriate technology and approaches.
- Have hands on ownership of feature delivery, cutting world class code.
- Contribute to the developer community.
- Provide technical leadership, coach and mentor your team.
- Promote knowledge sharing and adoption of good practice
- NET Core.
- Open API (formerly known as Swagger).
- Azure App Service.
- Azure Key Vault.
- Azure Active Directory.
- Application Insights.
- Cosmos DB.
- SQL Database.
- Azure Resource Manager Template
- Azure DevOps
- Git with a Pull Request based process
- Azure Data Factory v2
What they’re offering:
- Highly competitive salary and bonus structure.
- Medical & dental insurance.
- Income protection insurance.
- Work from home on Fridays.
- Enhanced pension.
- Goal driven, learning and mentoring scheme.
- Custom Perkbox.
- Excellent, agile work environments.