Global Head of Project Management
Our client, a global leader in the facilitation of Creative Services, is looking to hire a dynamic Global Head of Project Management with a proven track record of leading large, complex initiatives with technology requirements and strong business connectivity. You must be resilient and flexible to meet the high demands of a start-up culture within the complexities of a large, established company. You must exhibit deep program/project management expertise and an ownership mentality. You are a strong team player with exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills and the ability to operate at both a strategic and tactical level.
You will have an opportunity to work in an exciting and engaging, agile start-up environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and, most importantly, have fun. Working as a senior lead on the business, you will help define and shape all account processes and set operational best practices across the business.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Global Head of Project Management will be responsible for the Project Management and Resource Team and the services that they provide.
Ideally this role would be based in Gauteng, South Africa but the client is open to remote candidates, either South Africa or UK/Europe based.
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Lead and manage the Global Project & Resource managers & set precedent to ensure resource is planned effectively and efficiently.
- Full ownership for areas of responsibility; working autonomously, as part of a team, or overseeing others as required.
- Mentor team members and lead with a strong, exemplary work ethic, to ensure best practices are always followed.
- Shaping and progressing the efficiency of the Global Project & Resource Management Teams, proactively identifying and implementing improvements to processes.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Create and manage master programme documentation effectively monitoring progress and profitability, identifying risks and implementing mitigation strategies to ensure projects are delivered on brief, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of managing multiple projects and pitches across multiple mediums (eg DM, CRM, print, OOH/DOOH, film, photography, events, strategy, social, digital media).
- Taking overall responsibility for your team’s project governance, ensuring all tasks are completed to the required standard for marketing communication channels such as digital, social, mobile, toolkits, CRM, film and video.
- Proficient understanding of technical specifications, with the ability to mentor others in this area.
- Overall responsibility for project governance, ensuring all tasks are completed to the required standard.
- Setting SLAs and cost templates for your team to utilize.
- Support the creative team define processes for QA, creative approvals and best resource management.
- Define the structure of the system to support the scopes and the variables that need to be considered to ensure the commercials on the account run efficiently.
- Support and manage usage and compliance on OMG.
- Manage distributed teams. Building processes to manage and bring distributed teams closer to each other.
- Adapting to new procedures and systems. Ensuring that these systems are successfully rolled out and adhered to.
- Review resources efficiently and propose solutions to how this could improve.
- Able to manage schedule, scope, burn, resources and risk proactively and decisively.
- Maximize ‘Sold As’ margin
- Minimize Erosion (the difference between what the work was sold as vs delivered as) due to scope creep, unforeseen costs, misaligned expectations or poor process execution.
- Responsible for Global reporting requirements weekly and monthly
- Weekly tracking against Global bank and stretch targets
- Running and management of Utilization reporting and WIP Finance meetings
- Commercially astute. with experience implementing to a statement of work within a master services agreement context and meeting stringent financial targets.
- Global client delivery liaison, presenting project scopes, cost estimates, schedules, and risk mitigation plans.
- Liaising closely with key internal stakeholders and support teams, Operations and Finance, etc.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with our internal HR, Finance, Resourcing, and Recruitment teams.
- Managing the flow of team-wide communications on process and team news.
- Responsible for relationship management, cost, quality, and delivery of third-party vendors
- Acting as a primary point of contact for managers regarding Project & Resource Management topics.
- Able to effectively navigate conflict with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, inspire teamwork and take a leadership role on the project and someone who offers solutions rather than just reporting problems.
- Experience with (remote and in-person) interviews, candidate screening and evaluation.
- 7-9 years of people management experience.
- Must be well organised, able to prioritise and results/KPI driven.
- The ability to work effectively with demanding Customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills.
- A passion for defining, implementing, and controlling for quality
- Clear and concise communicator, to all levels of stakeholders within IIG.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Skills defined by the ability to:
- Recruit & grow team members through training.
- Lead and manage through the company values, constantly instill these behaviors within all team members.
- Proactivity and adaptability; you can effectively work under pressure and in a changeable environment.
- Lead and support others in the ongoing coaching, mentoring & feedback to motivate team members & develop areas of potential weakness.
- Take full responsibility for risk Management on all projects
- Change Manage projects and support the change management of junior team members on projects without guidance
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of Billing & Reconciliation
- Delegation tasks and workloads to play to team strengths and develop weaknesses
If this is you, we would love to register you with Wighthall Collective and invite you to submit your details.