Communications & Marketing Manager
Ref ID: 0774-26
We’re looking for a confident Communications and Marketing Manager to join one of the UK’s leading national trade associations within the healthcare sector.
Your main objective will be to develop, implement and be responsible for the association’s marketing, communications and associated activities.
Working within a small, close-knit team (based in Bucks) and very often independently, you will need to be a self-starter, driven and committed to communicating the association’s news and messaging across all mediums; due to the nature of this association a great deal of this will be in print, i.e. periodicals, annual reports and literature for trade shows/events.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement existing strategies in marketing, communications and associated activities.
- Manage the production of a member’s magazine, issued three times per annum, alongside the Editorial Committee. Responsible for writing content, liaising with and briefing contributors, proofreading, editing and overseeing the publication with the publishers.
- Expanding the associations education programme, to include internal and external marketing and promotion, liaison with clinicians quarterly to ensure information is kept current, management of the online student area and revision materials, overseeing the examination process and student enquiries, maintenance of relationships with HR/Training Managers. Be the driving force behind the creation of additional courses/add-on modules to expand the portfolio of education offered to members and non-members.
- Working with the internal team on the annual events programme to include venue liaison, sourcing and booking speakers, web page and online booking page creation, promotional activity to generate bookings and delegate management.
- Email communications – monthly scheduling of e-comms, to include newsletters/news updates, event promo and education information. Responsible for design, production, content collation from internal and external sources as well as content generation.
- Management of two industry press campaigns, liaising with publishers, negotiating preferential rates, identifying PR opportunities and working to deadlines.
- Design of marketing materials – advertisements, brochures, exhibition graphics, web and email graphics, and business stationery.
- Review of the SEO strategy on a monthly basis, implementing necessary changes and improvements
What they’re looking for:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships at all levels
- Proven design/graphics skills using Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of website CMS and basic HTML coding
- Experience managing CRM systems
- Working knowledge of social media management and monitoring tools
- Ability to work flexibly, adapt quickly and provide cross-functionality within marketing, operations and business development tasks.
Please note, this role is based in a small village in Bucks, which is on the Metropolitan Line and about 40 mins from London. Would suit someone local, no longer looking to trek into London, or someone looking to head in the opposite direction and avoid the rat race each day.